#UCEngineers

Cybersecurity-CTA

Riverside, Ca –

For Vanessa, the UC experience has provided a unique community of engineers. As a fourth-year Chemical Engineering student, her UC has granted her the opportunity to channel learned skills through different mediums like undergraduate research, student organizations, and working on campus projects.

The UC experience has also allowed Vanessa to strive towards her career goals. As the president of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), she is exposed to new opportunities and is always finding new ways to give back to the next generation of women engineers.

“The opportunity of collaboration to work with some of the brightest students within my major and outside my major has been the most memorable part of my UC-education. Not only have academics given me the educational aspect of a degree, but I’m also able to give back by participating in organizations like SWE. Because of this, I’ve expanded on my engineering knowledge, while learning interpersonal skills thought professional student organization leadership.”

After graduation, Vanessa plans to go into project engineering or project management. Vanessa is passionate about working with others and optimizing processes. Five years from now, she wants to return to a UC to receive her masters in project management or industrial engineering.